"It doesn’t get easier than this! Brown some meat, then toss in the rest of the ingredients and hit start! Feel free to adjust the heat level by adding more chipotle peppers and/or adobo sauce. The cocoa powder and cinnamon are ideas I got from my favorite chili seasoning available at a local spice shop – they really transform the dish! I like to top this with sour cream, green onion and shredded smoked cheddar."
- Combine chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, oregano, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and black pepper in a small bowl. Set seasoning mix aside.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil over high heat and brown ground turkey until crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion and jalapeno and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and seasoning mix. Mix to combine, scraping up any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Close and lock the lid.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir chili and adjust salt, if desired. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Substitute ground beef or chicken if you prefer.
- You can freeze leftover canned chipotle peppers in ice cube trays for future use.
Per Serving: 247 calories;7.5 g fat;26.5 g carbohydrates;19 g protein;45 mg cholesterol;1085 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article