"Not too spicy, warm and healthy. Skip the sausage, add canned beans, and use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian. Serve with sourdough bread and more salsa as desired."
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir leeks, onion, and garlic until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add cabbage; cook and stir until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix water, salsa, ketchup, bouillon cubes, Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend in soup, 20 minutes. Add sausage to soup and simmer until cooked through, about 20 minutes more.
- Cook’s Note:
- Add canned green beans, bells peppers, or canned tomatoes with green chiles as desired.
- Beef bouillon cubes can used in place of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 221 calories;12.4 g fat;19.9 g carbohydrates;9.5 g protein;27 mg cholesterol;1522 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article