Active Time: N/ATotal Time35 MIN
Yield: Serves : Makes 2 dozen salads
These mini wedges are coated in a creamy, anchovy-packed dressing and dredged in crunchy panko, making them easy to eat with your hands. Alternatively, you can serve the dressing and breadcrumbs alongside the lettuce wedges, for easy dipping.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2-ounce) can flat anchovy fillets in oil (such as Roland), drained
- 1 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Finely ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 (4-ounce) heads Little Gem lettuce, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed, and heads cut lengthwise into 6 wedges each
How to Make It
Combine mayonnaise, anchovies, cheese, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth, about 45 seconds, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Transfer mixture to a bowl; season generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, uncovered, until ready to use.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium until shimmering, about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Add panko; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small baking sheet; let cool 10 minutes. Stir in chives and lemon zest.
Using a small offset spatula, spread anchovy dressing over cut sides of lettuce. Dredge in panko mixture. Transfer to a platter or board, and serve.
Source: Read Full Article