- Total: 30 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:6 to 8 servings
- Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. If using an outdoor grill, heat over medium-high heat until a thermometer registers 500 degrees F. You want the grill or grill pan to be screaming hot so the watermelon chars quickly. If it takes too long it will turn mushy.
- Cut the watermelon in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1-inch-thick half-moon slices. Grill the watermelon slices, working in batches if using a grill pan, until just marked, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a colander placed over a large bowl to cool and collect the juices. Once cool enough to handle and you have about 1 tablespoon watermelon juice, slice the rind off the watermelon and cut the flesh into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the beans with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and place onto the center of a large piece of foil so that most of the beans are flat but some are still overlapping. Roll up all 4 sides of the foil to create a tray, leaving the top open so you can still see the beans. Transfer the foil to the grill and cook, covered, until the beans are softened and charred, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk the vinegar, Dijon, shallot, reserved 1 tablespoon watermelon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the spinach, chives, tarragon, nutritional yeast and fennel with fronds to a large bowl. Fold in the watermelon, beans and dressing. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article