- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Active: 35 min
- Yield:6 servings
For the lemon-ricotta cream:
For the blueberry compote:
For the waffles:
- Make the ricotta cream: In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk until light and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- Make the compote: In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup water and the honey and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the mixture thickens, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, add the lemon juice and let cool at least slightly.
- Make the waffles: Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F; set a rack on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and lemon zest. Add the flour mixture and mix just until the batter is combined. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions; coat with nonstick spray. Pour the batter onto the iron (the amount depends on the size of the iron), leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Close the iron and cook until the waffle is golden brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the rack in the oven to keep warm; repeat with the remaining batter.
- To serve, top the waffles with the blueberry compote and ricotta cream. Garnish with lemon zest.
Source: Read Full Article