- Total: 1 hr 40 min(includes freezing time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:8 to 10 cookies
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer to beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on low speed, about 30 seconds. Add in the eggs one at a time. Add the dry ingredients a little at time and beat to combine. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the dark chocolate chips for the topping, then mix in the remaining dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chunks.
- Portion extra-large balls of dough with a 1-cup ice cream scoop on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. With the reserved dark chocolate chips, press a few chips right on top of each ball. This will help to get little pools of chocolate. Place 4 to 5 balls of dough on each prepared baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake one sheet of cookies at a time, until the edges and spots on top are golden but the insides are still slightly doughy, 15 to 18 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article