Kangkung aka water spinach is a very healthy kind of vegetable. It is very low in calories and fats and it carries excellent level of vitamin A, C, B-complex, and minerals. In Indonesia 🇮🇩 kangkung is very cheap. Indonesian people like to consume kangkung on daily basis. There are many delicious recipes of this vegetable. I will try to share them one by one since here in US kangkung is very expensive 😅 Please follow my Instagram @jenscookingdiary for the Indonesian recipes or @jenscookdineandtravel for the English recipes 🙏🏻😊😘
- 1 bunch water spinach (more or less 200 gr), trim the end of the stems and discard, separate the stems and the leaves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced or diagonally sliced
- 5 bird eye chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 6 small wedges
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp mushroom bouillon
- 25 ml water
Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant.
Add red chili pepper, bird eye chili peppers (if you use some), and tomato wedges. Mix well.
Add the water spinach. Season with salt, white pepper powder, and mushroom bouillon. Add water. Keep stirring until the water spinach fully cooked. Remove from the heat.
Serve immediately over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋
Note: Don’t wait too long to serve this vegetable. Water spinach turns dark very fast if you don’t eat it right away because it is high in iron 😊
Source: Read Full Article