- Total: 16 min
- Active: 16 min
- Yield:6 servings
2 medium tomatoes, quartered
2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
1 medium white onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound thin chicken cutlets
12 flour tortillas
2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into 8 wedges, for serving
8 ounces salsa
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Position an oven rack 5 to 6 inches below the broiler element and preheat the broiler on high.
- Add the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion and bell peppers to a baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the oregano, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss everything together to get it all coated with the oil and spices. Push it to one side of the baking sheet. Lay the chicken flat on the other side and season it with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and vegetables and return to the broiler until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are softened and charred, about 5 more minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in kitchen paper and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds Remove, unwrap and put on a platter.
- Shred the chicken. Spoon the roasted vegetables into a blender with any juices from the baking sheet and blend until smooth. Toss 1 cup of the sauce with the chicken. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over it. Put the remaining sauce in a bowl to serve on the side.
- Serve with the warm tortillas, salsa, sour cream, crumbled cotija cheese, lime wedges and cilantro.
Source: Read Full Article