- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Mexican ("grey") Squash, cut into 1/2" medallions
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2" medallions
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2" medallions
- 1/4 of each: red, orange, yellow & green bell peppers, cut into
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 package white mushrooms, cut in half, quartered if xlg
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 single serving size can V8 juice
- Eat Well Za' atar seasoning blend
- leaves fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Drizzle olive oil in bottom of 13×9 glass dish. Slice squash and distribute evenly in a single layer in dish.
Slice 1/4 of each bell pepper into strips about 1/4″wide and 3″ long. Distribute evenly in between squash, overlapping as needed.
Slice onion into 1/4″ or smaller strips. Distribute evenly in pan, on top of the first layer of vegetables.
Rinse, pat dry and cut mushrooms. Distribute evenly.
Distribute evenly the olives and kidney beans. Pour V8 over all. Sprinkle with Za’atar. Tear basil into pieces and distribute evenly.
Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, checking squash for doneness. They should have a hint of firmness. This is because they will continue cooking after you take them out of the oven. Let cool a bit before serving, so you or your guests don’t scald your tongue. 🙂
Source: Read Full Article