- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 3 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or powder if available
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp crushed Coriander seeds or powder if available
- 1 tbsp maida or corn flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup rava and 1/4th cup rice flour
- to taste Salt
Mash the potatoes and boiled rice together in a bowl.
Add all the veggies and dry spices, some salt and knead till the rice and potatoes are properly mashed.
Take small balls of the mixture and mould into any shape you wish to (heart, tear- drop, oval, kite, circle etc)
Chill the cutlets for 10-15 mins. (Do not FREEZE)
Make a slurry of maida, pepper powder and salt (milk like consistency)
In another plate, take the rava and add some salt and red chilly powder (just for colour)
Heat some oil in a frying pan. Coat the cutlet with the maida slurry and cover it with the rava mixture. Shallow fry on low heat initially on both sides. Then turn the flame to medium and fry on both sides.
Remove the cutlets on a kitchen paper to remove excess oil. Serve this with mint chutney and Tomato ketchup.
Source: Read Full Article