- Total: 16 min
- Active: 16 min
- Yield:4 servings
18 to 20 ounces packaged spinach and ricotta ravioli
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2/3 cup white wine
Two 14.5-ounce cans tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
8 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shrimp and cook on both sides until just starting to turn opaque, 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and onions, stir to combine and cook until the onions have softened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine, scraping the bottom of the skillet, and simmer until reduced by half, about 45 seconds. Add the tomato sauce, cream and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
- Chop the shrimp into bite-size chunks and stir back into the skillet. Add the parsley and basil and stir. Add the ravioli to the sauce and top with more parsley and basil.
Source: Read Full Article