- Prep 15 min
- Total60 min
This might be the ultimate comfort food casserole, made with frozen pierogies, kielbasa and a creamy cheese sauce.
package (16 oz) frozen potato and onion pierogies
oz kielbasa sausage, sliced
oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), very softened
cup sour cream
cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
cup thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Place frozen pierogies and water in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 2 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until thawed. Place pierogies evenly in casserole. Top with sausage.
- 3In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth and pepper with whisk. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup of the green onions (reserve remaining onions for topping).
- 4Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Cover with foil; bake 22 to 27 minutes or until center is heated through and temperature reaches 165°F.
- 5Uncover, and top with remaining cheese; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved green onions.
- To reduce calories in the dish, you can use turkey kielbasa and reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream.
- Pierogies are filled dumplings of East European origin filled with potato, meat, cheese or vegetables. This recipe uses frozen pierogies that are really easy to use.
Source: Read Full Article