Just a great cold weather dish.
- 6 large oxtail (also works well with short ribs)
- 2 lbs pork rib tips (use any pork, I like bone in for flavor)
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup white wine (dry white works great)
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 4 oz fresh basil (or 1 oz dry)
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
In your instapot/pressure cooker add your pork, oxtail and water. Pressure cook for 45 mins
After your oxtail and pork is cooked remove the bones, save the liquid.
In a pot on medium heat, add a little oil or butter whichever you prefer and start sauteing your carrots, celery and onions until softened.
Add your garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
Add your white wine and reduce until almost evaporated.
Add your tomato paste and cook for 2 mins (this is called blooming)
Add your reserved liquid from the pressure cooker and simmer for 45 mins until thickened.
Add your meat, basil, sugar and salt and pepper and cook for another 10 mins.
Serve over pasta of your choice!
Source: Read Full Article