This is great served over the whole wheat pasta of your choice or over sautéed zucchini noodles for a low carb, lower calorie option.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2-1 whole white or yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch lacinato (Tuscan) kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1-2 zucchini’s, spiralized, if using
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion starts to soften.
Add celery and carrots and cook until soft, or desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add ground beef to vegetables, salt and pepper, and heat until meat is cooked through and mixed in with the vegetables.
Add the fire roasted diced tomatoes and more pepper, mix and heat through. Then add the chopped kale, in batches if needed, stirring to thoroughly mix until kale is wilted. Remove from heat.
Mix in at least 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
Serve over cooked pasta or zucchini noodles, top with more Parmesan if desired.
Source: Read Full Article