Delicious really tasty and easy.
- 1 pound round eye steak
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 peperoncini/ banana pickled peppers
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup water
- To taste parmigiano reggiano cheese grated
- To taste shredded mozzarella cheese
- To taste red pepper flakes
Rustic cut the onion and peppers. Slice the garlic. Slice the peperoncini’s.
Heat the oil in a skillet. Season the steak with salt. Sear each side of the steaks 2 minutes. Set aside.
Add the onions to the skillet. Sauté till translucent. Add the peppers, sauté 3 minutes add in the garlic.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the steak, and cheese. Bring to a simmer. Make sure everything is incorporated well.
Add the steaks back to the skillet coat completely with the sauce. Simmer 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes turn and simmer the second side for 15 minutes.
Grate the parmigiano reggiano cheese over the top. Serve I hope you enjoy!!
Source: Read Full Article