- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Active: 55 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Add 1 3/4 cups water to a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot®, then stir in the lentils, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few good grinds of pepper. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes (see Cook’s Note).
- After the pressure-cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the quick-release cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid. The lentils should be tender but not mushy. If there is any liquid remaining, drain the lentils in a fine-mesh sieve and discard the liquid.
- Meanwhile, place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to broil. Toss the onion, sweet potato, mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of the oil, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl until combined. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil tossing halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a food processor along with the lentils and oats. , Reserve the baking sheet. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped and combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, about 10 pulses.
- Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on the reserved baking sheet. Working on the baking sheet, form the lentil mixture into 4 large patties (each about 4 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick). Refrigerate until chilled through, about 30 minutes.
- Using tongs, toss the coleslaw mix with the mayonnaise, vinegar, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl until combined; set aside.
- Broil the lentil-veggie burgers until they develop a nice crust and are charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Use a sturdy metal spatula to flip the burgers, then return to the broiler to lightly char the other side, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Place a burger on each of the bottom bun halves, then top with the slaw, dividing evenly, and sandwich with the top bun halves.
Settings may vary on your Instant Pot® depending on the model. Please refer to manufacturer’s guide.
Source: Read Full Article