- Total: 1 hr 30 min(includes cooling time)
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:8 servings
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Reserve 24 marshmallows for toasting.
- Combine the butter and remaining marshmallows (about 15 ounces) in a large Dutch oven and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to fold in both the rice and graham cracker cereals until evenly coated. While still hot, spread the mixture into the prepared baking sheet. Spray the palm of your hand or a rubber spatula with cooking spray, then pat or press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Let cool and set completely, about 1 hour.
- Unmold the cereal mixture onto a cutting board and cut into 16 rectangles, each 4 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. (To make ahead, store the treats in an airtight container between parchment or wax paper up to 1 day.)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan for medium-low heat, or place a grill grate over a campfire that has died down to a low fire.
- For each s’more, place 2 cereal treats on the grill and place a halved candy bar on one of the pieces. Cook until toasty on the underside and the chocolate begins to soften, 1 to 2 minutes, depending on the heat of the fire. (Move the treats occasionally with a metal spatula or tongs so it doesn’t stick.). Meanwhile, thread 3 of the reserved 24 marshmallows on each of 8 sticks or skewers (see Cook’s Note). Toast over the fire or grill until charred to your liking.
- Remove the treats from the grill. Top the chocolate with the molten marshmallows (sliding them off the stick) and sandwich with the second treat.
If using wooden skewers to toast the marshmallows, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to keep them from scorching on the grill.
Source: Read Full Article