- Prep 25 min
- Total40 min
Add something new to your lunch rotation. These Greek yogurt chicken salad sandwiches are made extra-easy with Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls and cooked chopped chicken. This light and refreshing chicken salad swaps Greek yogurt for mayonnaise and includes sliced almonds, chopped apple and fresh thyme. From picnics to quick lunches and game-day celebrations, whatever the occasion, Greek yogurt chicken salad sandwiches will always be welcome.
can (12 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Butter Flake Crescent Rolls (8 count)
- 2cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2cup chopped apple (Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 1stalk celery, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4cup chopped red onion
- 1/3cup sliced almonds
- 1/2teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt (5% milkfat)
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1Bake crescent rolls as directed on can. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix chicken, apple, celery, onion, almonds and thyme; set aside.
- 3In small bowl, mix yogurt, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir yogurt mixture into chicken mixture; mix until well combined.
- 4To serve, cut crescent rolls in half horizontally. Divide mixture evenly among bottom halves of cut rolls, replacing tops to make sandwiches.
- If making Greek yogurt chicken salad ahead, refrigerate chicken salad until ready to assemble.
- Swap out the Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Butter Flake Crescent Rolls for the Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls, if desired.
- Add some sweetness to your Greek yogurt chicken salad sandwiches by stirring in 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Crescent Sandwich
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article