- Prep 55 min
- Total1 hr10 min
This Copycat Olive Garden™ Minestrone Soup and garlic breadsticks combination has all the flavor you get in the restaurant from the comfort of your home. It’s a great way to use the veggies you have sitting around and hearty enough to be a full meal. This Olive Garden™ Minestrone Soup recipe may require a few extra ingredients, but you won’t be disappointed with this restaurant-worthy rendition. Your family will be amazed when you give them the full restaurant experience by serving this comforting soup with a copycat version of the iconic buttery, perfectly soft Olive Garden™ breadsticks made easy with Pillsbury™ Original Breadsticks.
tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1/2cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2cup diced onion
- 1/2cup sliced celery
- 1tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2tablespoons seasoned vegetable soup base (from 8-oz jar)
- 1can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained, cut up or coarsely chopped
- 1can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1can (15.5 oz) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1can (14.5 oz) Italian green beans, drained, rinsed
- 1medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 cup)
- 1cup packed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
can (11 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Breadsticks (12 count)
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened.
- 2Stir in 6 cups water, the vegetable base, tomatoes, kidney and cannellini beans. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in pasta, green beans, zucchini and spinach. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- 4Meanwhile, bake breadsticks as directed on can. Remove from oven; immediately brush tops with melted butter. In small bowl, mix garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt. Sprinkle mixture lightly onto buttered breadsticks; serve warm with soup.
- For more authentic Olive Garden™ minestrone flavor, stir in 1/3 cup Chianti wine after sautéing vegetables, and cook until wine is reduced by half. You can also substitute 2 teaspoons of the vegetable soup base with a mushroom soup base, which is a concentrated flavored paste that is added for umami flavor. It can be purchased in the soup aisle of the grocery store, near the bouillon and chicken base.
- Since this Olive Garden™ Minestrone Soup recipe includes pasta, it will gradually soak up some of the broth during cooling and in storage. You may need to add more water when reheating to thin out, based on your preference.
- Breadsticks are also great sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. After removing them from the oven, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, but leave out the salt since the Parmesan will add salt.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 2 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.
Serving Size: 1 2/3 Cups Soup and 1 1/2 Breadsticks
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article