Moist, soft & loaded with chocolate chips… there’s nothing not to love about this wonderful bake that walks the line between breakfast, snack & desert. I learnt this recipe from Sweetest Menu in instagram! Thanks Jessica ❤️❤️❤️!
It’s not sweet at all. If you have sweet teeth, pls add some sugar to taste your bud.
- A. Dry ingredients
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour – sifted
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder -sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- B. Wet ingredients
- 2 overripe Bananas – mash by fork – mixed with a tsp of lemon
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) or 1 stick) unsalted butter- melted & cool
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs – at room temperature
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk – at room temperature
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
Grease and line your 9 x 5 inch baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170oC (350oF)
Mix dry ingredients by a whisk. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mashed banana. Very gently fold the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix.
Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Source: Read Full Article