- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 green bell peppers, diced and softened in microwave
- 1 , 15 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 , 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 , 15 oz can mixed beans in chili sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1-2 McCormick chili packets
- 1 heaping tbps cocoa powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Red Wine Vinegar
In a large saucepan over medium heat, caramelize onions in 1 tbps oil.
Add ground beef and cook until brown, stir. Then add peppers.
Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and water.
Season with McCormick chili seasoning packet, basil, parsley, cocoa powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add splash of red wine vinegar if needed.
Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally and seasoning as needed.
Source: Read Full Article