I found this recipe online and tweaked it just a little and now it’s become one of my family’s favorite dishes. It takes awhile to make with all the slicing, dicing, and chopping of ingredients but it is so worth it.
- 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 4-6 bone-in chicken thighs (Or 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 large russett potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 handful fresh, chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped pieces of smoked bacon and cook until they are brown.
Add in the onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
Place whole chicken pieces on top of the onions.
Add the sliced potatoes, diced carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, sea salt and black pepper.
Simmer on medium until the potatoes become very soft and thicken the broth. This takes about 40 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pot and use forks to shred meat or chop it into pieces. Add shredded chicken back into the pot along with fresh parsley and stir into the soup.
Eat & enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article