Good soup to make during the cold season. Very filling and healthy.
- 8-12 chicken thighs with skin and bone
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 6-8 carrots sliced or 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 whole garlic cloves minced
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- to taste Garlic salt
- 2 Tbs dried Oregano or to taste
- 2 Tbs dried Basil or to taste
- 2 Tbs dried Thyme or to taste
- 2 Tbs garlic powder
Boil chicken in a large stick pot
Remove chicken and add all of the ingredients to the pot.
Simmer on low.
Remove the chicken from the bone. I discard the veins, skin and any other fat on the chicken.
When finished, add the chicken to the pot. Continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes. You may want to taste and add more of the seasoning.
Source: Read Full Article