- Total: 55 min
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings
8 slices white bread (about 8 ounces)*
3 tablespoons grated parmesan
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
About 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
2 large eggs, beaten
3 boneless skinless chicken breast, each about 8 ounces
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make bread crumbs: Tear the bread into pieces. Spread bread out on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute to dry out the bread. (Alternately, spread the bread out on a baking sheet and dry in a 350 degree F oven for 12 minutes.) Let cool and pulse the dried bread in a food processor with the Parmesan, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Put the flour, eggs, and bread crumb mixture in 3 separate shallow dishes.
- With the flat side of a cooks’ knife or the smooth side of a meat-pounder, pound each breast to equal thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Cut into 1 1/2-inch strips pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Dip each strip into the flour, then shake off the excess. Next, run the strips through the egg to coat it lightly and hold the chicken over the liquid to let any excess fall back into the bowl. Finally, lay the strips in the bread crumbs, turn it over and press it into the breading to evenly coat. Lay on a piece of waxedpaper.
- Heat 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot and shimmering. Lay 2 or 3 chicken strips at a time in the pan. Cook the chicken without turning until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook until equally brown on the other side and the chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining 2 breasts. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve.
- Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Source: Read Full Article