Cooking something light for dinner, that requires low carb, oil free, and vegetarians,are always challenged me. Specially when I can only cook with what I have in my refrigerator and pantry.
So this time I am going to cook this dish for our dinner. Feel free to try❤️
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 can black bean rinsed and drained
- Chopped 1/2 of onion
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- Chopped bell peppers
- Chopped 1/2 cup jalapeños pickles (optional) you can substitute with chili flakes or fresh jalapeño
- Chopped cilantro, parsley, or green onion as you prefer
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (less or more)
- 1 tsp paprika (less or more)
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (less or more)
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder (optional) I used 1/2tsp mushrooms powder instead
- Oil (optional) I skipped the oil
Pour the cauliflower into non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté until heated through and water is cooked off. And than
Still in the same pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté until golden. In this point you can use a little bit olive oil or any vegetables oil if you want. But I don’t use oil.
Then add bell peppers and jalapeños. Continue sautéing until onion begins to turn translucent. Add black bean and cauliflower, seasoning with cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, and a bit mushroom powder (chicken powder).
Mixed well and cook for another 2 minutes. Taste it before turn off the heat. Lastly sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Serve and enjoy ?
Tips: If you skipped the jalapeño pickles, you can adding 2tsp of fresh lemon juice. ?
Source: Read Full Article