Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Andy Baraghani
The secret weapon in this summery salad is the golden raisins: They're soaked in apple cider vinegar, which not only sweetens the vinegar but also transforms them into plump, sweet-tart balloons that stand up against the rich and buttery pine nuts.
- 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chopped golden raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 lb. small tomatoes (such as Sun Gold, cherry, and/or grape), some halved, some left whole
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine raisins and vinegar in a large bowl; let sit until raisins soften, 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, 5–7 minutes. Let cool.
- Add pine nuts, tomatoes, red onion, and oil to bowl with raisins; season with salt and gently toss to combine. Add basil and toss once more.
- Transfer salad to a platter and drizzle pomegranate molasses over.
Source: Read Full Article