Active Time: N/ATotal Time15 MIN
Yield: Serves : 6
This easy sautéed kale with garlic and olive oil gets a slight kick from red chili flakes. It’s a fantastic side dish and becomes a meal when tossed with al dente pastaSlideshow: Recipes for Greens
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried, ribs and stems removed, leaves thinly sliced crosswise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and sauté for two minutes, until the garlic just begins to brown.
Add the kale in batches and toss to coat with oil. When all of the kale is added to the pan, cover and sauté for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking for three minutes, or until the moisture has mostly evaporated. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article