Photo by Joseph De Leo, Prop Styling by Megan Hedgpeth, Food Styling by Simon Andrews
A marriage between two of our favorite summer fruits, this savory-sweet dish is decorated with soft cheese and a hint of garlic. Served over a crispy baguette, it’s the perfect summer lunch, midday snack, or party appetizer.
- 8 servings
- Active Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3cup chopped piquillo peppers
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) rounds soft mild goat cheese
- Accompaniment: toasted baguette slices or crackers
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook shallot and garlic in 3 Tbsp. oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, red peppers, and 1 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened and juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2–2 qt shallow baking dish and arrange cheese over top and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Broil until cheese is softened and lightly charred, 3–5 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article