Photo by Alex Lau, Prop Styling by Kalen Kaminski, Food Styling by Rebecca Jurkevich
To make this endlessly riffable salad, pair whatever produce you’ve got with 7-minute eggs, a mustardy dressing you can make ahead, and almost any protein: leftover steak or salmon, rotisserie chicken, or beans, to name a few.
- 6–8 servings
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed; asparagus, trimmed; and/or new or baby potatoes, halved if larger
- 4 cups halved or sliced radishes, seedless cucumbers, fennel, and/or tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, oil-packed tuna, cooked salmon or steak, cooked lentils, or canned white beans or chickpeas
- Olives, capers, peperoncini, pickles, or other pickled-briny ingredients (for serving)
- Flaky sea salt
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and 1 tsp. kosher salt in a medium bowl; set dressing aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add eggs and cook 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water (keep pot over high heat); chill until cold, about 5 minutes. Peel; set aside.
- Meanwhile, add green beans, asparagus, or potatoes to the same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender (if you are using a combination, cook vegetables separately), 2–4 minutes for green beans or asparagus, 10–15 minutes for potatoes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of ice water; let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; pat dry.
- To serve, slice eggs in half and arrange on a platter with cooked and raw vegetables and protein. Top with pickled-briny ingredient(s), sprinkle with sea salt, and drizzle some reserved dressing over. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
- Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 5 days ahead; cover and chill. Eggs can be boiled and vegetables blanched 2 days ahead; cover and chill separately.
Source: Read Full Article