It’s not a party without deviled eggs! Deviled eggs are a classic for all kinds of gatherings, whether it’s an Easter brunch or a summer picnic or just because.
Deviled eggs! Easter egg hunts and summer picnic potlucks. I have been known to devour a dozen deviled eggs in one sitting. Deviled eggs are easy to make and are always a hit at gatherings.
What’s so “deviled” about deviled eggs? Just the little bit of spice from the paprika and either cayenne or Tabasco that you add to the filling.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
What follows is a GREAT classic and easy deviled egg recipe with mustard, mayonnaise and Tabasco, though there are so many wonderful variations you can make. See the comments for some great ideas submitted by Simply Recipes readers.
Do you know how to make great deviled eggs? Do you have a favorite deviled egg recipe? If so, please let us know about it in the comments!
The best way to make hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs
When you make deviled eggs, you need hard cooked eggs that are easy to peel! We’ve found the best way to make easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs is not to boil them, but to steam them.
The hot steam penetrates the porous shell of the eggs to create just enough separation between the shells and the eggs to make them easy to peel.
You can steam eggs in the same pan you would use to boil them, you just use much less water and a few more minutes. You can use a steaming rack or not. You can also steam eggs easily in a pressure cooker.
Tips for the Best Deviled Eggs
- To make deviled eggs extra pretty, just pipe the egg yolk mayonnaise filling in the egg whites with a star-tipped piping bag (or cut off the corner of a plastic sandwich bag).
- Store the filling in a resealable plastic bag so you can pipe it into the egg whites (just snip the corner of the bag to pipe the filling into the eggs).
- You can make these deviled eggs up to a day in advance.
- Once the eggs are assembled and served, they are best eaten the day of.
- This recipe is easily doubled.
LOVE DEVILED EGGS? HERE ARE 5 MORE DEVILED EGG RECIPES TO TRY:
- Deviled Eggs with Horseradish and Dill
- Kimchi Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Green Goddess Deviled Eggs
- Sour Cream and Bacon Deviled Eggs
Check out our video!
Source: Read Full Article