- Prep 25 min
- Total1 hr25 min
What could be better than eating cookie dough? Eating cookie dough that is dipped in chocolate! These 3-ingredient truffles are easy to make, and oh-so-satisfying!
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Shape dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until mixture is melted and can be stirred smooth.
- 3Using 2 forks, dip and roll balls, one at a time, into melted chocolate; tap off excess chocolate. Return to lined cookie sheet. If chocolate has cooled too much, reheat. Spoon remaining melted chocolate into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe over tops of truffles. Discard any remaining chocolate. Refrigerate truffles about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 4Store truffles tightly covered in refrigerator up to 1 day or in freezer up to 2 weeks. Thaw frozen truffles in refrigerator, and serve same day.
- For a quick drizzle and a more casual look, dip a fork into the melted chocolate, and quickly move your wrist back and forth to create a zigzag pattern.
- Plastic forks are the key to easy dipping. Remove the center two tines of two forks, and you’ll have wide-pronged tools perfect for gently dipping cookie truffles.
- This Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough is now safe to eat or bake — just look for the “safe to eat raw” seal on the package!
Source: Read Full Article