"This is one of my favorite bran muffin recipes, handed down from my mom. I made a few tweaks to make it even healthier. Add some raisins for a touch of sweetness."
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix together brown sugar, applesauce, canola oil, egg, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, bran, flax, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add bran mixture to applesauce mixture. Add milk and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- For convenience, I use single-serve 4 ounce applesauce cups so I always have some on hand.
Per Serving: 151 calories;6.6 g fat;22.1 g carbohydrates;3.6 g protein;15 mg cholesterol;288 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article