- Prep 45 min
- Total45 min
With succulent roasted veggies, grilled bread and melty mozzarella cheese, this healthy sandwich tastes as good as it looks!+
- 1Heat oven to 450° F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- 2In small bowl, mix salt, olive oil and vinegar.
- 3Using pastry brush, brush zucchini and onion with vinegar mixture; reserve remaining mixture. Place zucchini and onion in single layer on 1 of the cookie sheets. Place tomatoes on second cookie sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, turning once, until zucchini and onions are golden brown and tomatoes give up most of their juices, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- 4Meanwhile, roast bell pepper over open gas flame (or under broiler) until blackened on all sides. Transfer to medium bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam 5 minutes, then transfer to cutting board. Cut off top of bell pepper, then use sharp knife to scrape blackened skin from flesh. Cut flesh into 1-inch strips.
- 5Spray panini grill with cooking spray; heat to medium-high heat.
- 6Divide vegetables between 2 slices of bread. Brush remaining vinegar mixture over veggies. Top with chicken, basil, then cheese. Top with second slice of bread. Place sandwiches in panini grill; grill 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is thoroughly toasted.
- Jarred roasted red bell peppers can be substituted for the fresh roasted.Pat dry before placing on sandwich. If you are watching your salt intake, look at the nutrition label, as many of the jarred brands are higher in sodium than fresh.
- Look for sprouted 100% whole grain bread in the bakery or freezer section of your local grocery store.
Source: Read Full Article