"Carnitas, avocado, and cheese are layered between thick slices of bread and grilled with more cheese on the outside of the bread in this ultimate Tex-Mex grilled cheese."
- Whisk sour cream, jalapeno peppers, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, jalapeno pepper juice, garlic, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add carnitas. Cook, without moving carnitas until crisp and browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Mix pepperjack cheese and 1 cup Cheddar cheese together in a bowl.
- Lay 4 bread slices on a work surface; spread sour cream mixture onto each slice. Sprinkle cheese mixture over each bread slice and layer carnitas, avocado, cilantro, and more cheese mixture onto each bread slice. Top with another bread slice, making a sandwich. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto the top bread slice of each sandwich and press 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese onto mayonnaise layer.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat; add sandwiches, cheese-side down. While sandwiches are cooking, top each with a layer of mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese. Cook sandwich until golden brown and cheese is softly melted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 1111 calories;76.4 g fat;51.3 g carbohydrates;55 g protein;197 mg cholesterol;2246 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article