"Skip ordering takeout and prepare this easy, Asian-inspired honey sesame chicken that’s deep-fried and smothered in a sweet and zesty sauce. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired."
- Mix honey, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, Sriracha sauce, and sesame oil together in a medium bowl.
- Combine cold water, cornstarch, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl; mix well. Add to honey sauce mixture and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder over chicken.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add remaining salt and garlic powder and mix well. Mix in flour. Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl; add to egg mixture and mix well. Add avocado oil and baking powder; mix well.
- Pour 3 inches of peanut oil into the bottom of a wide, deep pot and heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place 1/2 of the chicken pieces into the batter mixture and turn to coat. Scoop tablespoonfuls of chicken and batter into the hot oil. Do not crowd the chicken. Fry in batches until chicken pieces are golden brown and no longer pink in the centers, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Check oil temperature between batches.
- Pour honey sauce mixture into a large skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes. Add all chicken pieces to the sauce; turn to coat. Sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 974 calories;82.2 g fat;45.6 g carbohydrates;15.9 g protein;74 mg cholesterol;1125 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article