"Spicy, Mexican-inspired grilled chicken breasts will turn any backyard BBQ into a fiesta! Chipotles are hot! So only add as many as you like."
- Combine 1 to 5 chipotle peppers with their sauce, onion, garlic, olive oil, juice of 1 lime, cumin, oregano, and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed if too thick. Reserve a small amount of marinade mixture to serve with grilled chicken.
- Combine chicken with marinade in a plastic storage bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove chicken from marinade and discard excess.
- Place chicken breasts on the preheated grill and cook until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook.
- Remove chicken from the grill and transfer to a plate. Squeeze juice of remaining lime onto chicken and garnish with cilantro. Serve with reserved marinade mixture.
- Cook’s Note:
- Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing up the middle, but not all the way through so that they are still attached and can be opened on the grill. This allows them to cook quicker and the marinade to penetrate easier.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. The actual amount of peppers in sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 269 calories;14 g fat;9.8 g carbohydrates;25.5 g protein;67 mg cholesterol;871 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article