“I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago…What do you think of my new accessory?” he wrote in the caption. A representative for Buddy told PEOPLE the injury was caused by a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter.
“After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit,” the source told the magazine: “Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2″ metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger.”
Eventually Buddy’s sons used a saw to cut through the rod and free his arm from the machine. Since the incident, Buddy has been treated at the Morristown Memorial hospital where he has had two surgeries. He is now recovering at home and because the accident involves his dominant hand, he’ll have to go through a long recovery and physical therapy.
Friends of the baker replied to his Instagram post with well wishes for his recovery. Duff Goldman, his fellow Buddy vs. Duff star commented, “Get better homie. You’re gonna need that hand.” Chef Alexandra Guarnaschelli said “Those hands are a national treasure and so are you! Get well soon.”
Source: Read Full Article