3 . 4 tbsp. French beans, washed and finely chopped
4 . 1/4 cup spring onions, finely chopped
5 . 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
6 . 7 green chilies, washed, ends trimmed and finely chopped
7 . 1 onions, peeled, washed and cubed
8 . 1/2 green bell peppers, washed and cubed
9 . 1/2 tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
10 . 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
11 . 1 tsp soya sauce
12 . 1 1/2 tsp. salt
13 . 1 eggs, beaten
14 . 1 tsp. baking powder (optional)
15 . 4 tsp. all-purpose flour (maida)
16 . 4-6 tbsp rice bran oil
17 . 1 tbsp. green chili sauce
18 . 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
19 . 1 1/2 tbsp. soya sauce
20 . 3/4 tsp. salt
21 . 1 tbsp. cornflour
22 . 2-3 tbsp. water
Serving Size: 1 (722) g
Servings Per Recipe:4
Calories from Fat 155 g23 %
Total Fat 17.3 g26 %
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27 %
Cholesterol 604.5 mg 201 %
Sodium 340.1 mg 14 %
Total Carbohydrate103.4 g 34 %
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73 %
Sugars 28.5 g113 %
Protein 38.9 g 77 %
1. In a bowl knead together the grated cabbage, carrots, chopped beans, quarter cup of spring onions, quarter cup of coriander leaves and 2-3 green chillies. Knead these veggies with all purpose flour, soya sauce, salt and a beaten egg or baking powder if you do not eat egg. Remember not to add any water when you knead,.
2. If the mixture is not kneading easily you can add more all purpose flour to help bind the veggies together.
3. Shape the prepared kneaded mixture into round balls.
4. Heat oil in a wok.
5. Deep fry the veggie balls in the hot oil till golden brown. Then allow to cool.
6. It must be noted that the manchurian balls should be put inthe gravy only at the time of eating or else they will get soggy.
7. To prepare the manchurian gravy, heat 4 to 6 tbsp of rice bran oil in an open-mouthed vessel or a wok.
8. Add the cubed onion and cubed capsicum. Stir fry for a few minutes.
9. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic and 2-3 green chillies followed by soya sauce, 1 tablespoons green chilli sauce, salt and tomato ketchup.
10. Allow the gravy to come to a boil.
11. Add a tbsp of cornflour mixed with 2-3 tbsp of water and mix well.
12. It must be noted to always add cornflour after the gravy comes to a boil because otherwise the dark manchurian gravy color will not come.