Photo by Joseph De Leo, Prop Styling by Sophie Strangio, Food Styling by Monica Pierini
These rice noodles are a fast and fabulous dinner for anybody, And it is likely that it is particularly friendly to many of the people living with Crohn's Disease and Colitis.
- 6–8 servings
- Active Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 (14–16-oz.) package firm or extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 2×1/2" planks
- 2 medium bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz. flat wide brown or white rice noodles
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 3 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high until hot. Cook tofu in a single layer, undisturbed, until golden brown on one side, about 8 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until golden on the other side, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook peppers in same skillet, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice in a medium bowl to combine.
- Toss tofu, noodles, peppers, peanut butter sauce, and spinach in a large bowl. Transfer to a platter. Top with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
Source: Read Full Article