1 1⁄2lbscarrots, peeled and trimmed(I used organic rainbow carrots)
1largeonion, peeled and cut into eighths
1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Serving Size: 1 (330) g
Servings Per Recipe:4
Calories from Fat 255 g60 %
Total Fat 28.4 g43 %
Saturated Fat 6 g29 %
Cholesterol 79 mg 26 %
Sodium 193.3 mg 8 %
Total Carbohydrate24.9 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23 %
Sugars 9.8 g39 %
Protein 19.2 g 38 %
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Arrange the carrots and onion in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. (I also added a baby beet, peeled and halved).
3. Slice the top off a head of garlic; discard the top and place on the tray.
4. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the vegetables; season with the rosemary, and salt and pepper.
5. Top with the chicken thighs. Rub each thigh with 1 teaspoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast in the oven until the chicken skin is golden and the carrots are tender, 15 to 25 minutes.
7. To serve, divide the vegetables and chicken thighs among four plates.
Note: Candidly, I actually had already cooked chicken, which I plopped on top to give you an idea of how this looks, so your chicken will likely look different. The time to cook will depend on how large your carrots are – I halved lengthwise some of the larger ones, mine took about 25 minutes to get tender. Test chicken to make sure it’s done – thighs vary so much in size. I made only half the recipe.