Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
Yield: Makes about 2 dozen
Nothing says PARTY like two of the all-time greatest finger foods uniting as one. And that is exactly what is happening with these Nacho Sausage Balls. Adding chorizo, Mexican cheese, pickled jalapeño, cilantro, and crushed nacho cheese flavored Doritos to the mix gives traditional sausage balls a hit of spicy personality. They’re perfect for tailgating or holiday parties—plus, these next-level sausage balls can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 1 month. For ease, form the sausage ball and freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet; once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to serve, pop them straight from the freezer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve your nacho sausage balls with favorite nacho condiments, like sour cream, salsa, and guacamole, for dipping.
- 1/2 pound fresh Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 pound ground pork or mild breakfast sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup finely ground nacho cheese-flavored chips (such as Doritos)
- 1(8-oz.) pkg. pre-shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa
- Guacamole and hot sauce, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat together sausages, Bisquick, Doritos, cheese, jalapeño, and cilantro with until well blended.
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop and roll 1-inch balls, and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
While sausage balls bake, stir together sour cream and salsa. Serve sausage balls with sour cream-salsa dip, and if desired, guacamole and hot sauce.
Source: Read Full Article