There is nothing better than homemade soup during the wintertime, and it can be very easy to make from scratch.
What’s cozier than a pot of soup bubbling away on the stove on a cold winter night? And this recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes.
Cooking soup yourself not only packs in more flavour, but it can also be much healthier as your soup is more likely packed with more vegetables and nutrients rather than eating it from a can.
British national treasure Mary Berry has developed a recipe for hearty noodle soup which is “super healthy” as well as nourishing.
In a post on her website, Mary wrote: “Super healthy and light, this soup is packed with goodness and is ideal for a light lunch or as a first course.”
How to make Mary Berry’s vegetable noodle soup
- 1.8 litres (3¼ pints) of vegetable stock
- 150g (5oz) of mushrooms
- 50g (2oz) of egg noddles
- 5cm (2inches) of ginger
- One red chilli
- One bok choy
- Six spring onions
- One and a half tablespoons of Chinese five-spice powder
- One tablespoon of muscovado sugar
- One tablespoon of sweet chili sauce
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- Juice of a lime
- Chopped coriander
- Large saucepan
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
Make Jamie Oliver’s ‘perfect’ mushroom soup – it takes just 15 minutes[RECIPE ]
Mary Berry’s spiced tomato soup 30 minute recipe is perfect for winter[COOKING]
Jamie Oliver’s ‘hearty’ and warming soup is perfect for wintry evenings[LATEST]
- To begin, prepare your vegetables. Finely chop the red chili, boy choy, spring onion, and mushrooms. Then, peel and grate the ginger.
- Next, pour the vegetable stock into a large saucepan and bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the red chili, spring onions, and ginger to the saucepan. Also add in the Chinese five-spice powder, muscovado sugar, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce.
- Remove from the heat from the saucepan and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and noodles. Let the soup mixture simmer for three to four minutes until the noodles have softened and are cooked.
- Stir in the bok choy and lime juice. Check to make sure the soup is seasoned to your liking and then simmer for a further two minutes.
- Your warming vegetable noodle soup is now ready. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Get all the latest news, entertainment, sport and lifestyle updates from our dedicated American team.
Follow Daily Express US on Facebook and Twitter @ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article