Active Time: 20 MinsChill Time30 MinsTotal Time50 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
If you’re tired of your usual watermelon salad, give this fantastic new recipe a try. Tomatoes and melon soak up the tangy lime-ginger-mint vinaigrette, making them extra juicy and flavorful. Goat cheese crumbles add a nice creamy note to the salad, but crumbled feta works well too. Serve this salad immediately after it is made so the fresh herbs stay bright and perky.
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 large limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (from 1 [4-inch] piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups 1-inch watermelon cubes (from 1 [7-lb.] seedless watermelon)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly torn fresh mint leaves
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
How to Make It
Whisk together lime juice, honey, fresh mint, ginger, dried mint, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl. Drizzle in oil, whisking, until blended. Place watermelon and tomatoes in a large ziplock plastic bag. Pour in lime dressing, squeeze air out of bag, and seal. Chill 30 minutes.
Transfer watermelon and tomatoes to a large bowl, reserving marinade in bag. Toss watermelon mixture with shallots, 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Gently toss in basil and mint. Transfer to a large platter, and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese. Serve remaining marinade on the side as a dressing.
Source: Read Full Article