"This recipe was created to use up a large amount of squash we were given. We modified an existing recipe, swapping almonds for crackers and whole cream for milk. It satisfies my husband’s diet and tastes great!"
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil-butter mixture until softened, about 3 minutes. Add squash, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix raw almonds and 1/2 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese together in a bowl; stir into squash mixture. Whisk cream and eggs together in a measuring cup or small bowl; stir into squash mixture. Pour squash mixture into a 9×13-inch casserole dish; top with remaining Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and roasted almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is golden brown and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 228 calories;19.6 g fat;6.7 g carbohydrates;8.6 g protein;85 mg cholesterol;419 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article