Active Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 slice)
What’s the secret to a quick, hearty dinner that isn’t overloaded with carbs? A pie plate. Baking a meat “pie” instead of a meatloaf will shave 20 minutes off cooking time, and the buttery cauliflower “mashed potatoes” have a nice tangy taste that cuts through the bitterness of the tender, moist meat. The ketchup glaze on top makes for the perfect bite.
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (from 1 pepper)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (from 1 onion)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2large eggs
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup keto ketchup, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER PUREE
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 4 ounces white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Prepare the Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir together bell pepper, onion, milk, mustard, parsley, Worcestershire, thyme, eggs, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the ketchup in a medium bowl. Add meat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix to combine. Add Parmesan and almond flour, and mix until well combined.
Press meat mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Stir together vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup in a small bowl. Spread vinegar mixture evenly over meatloaf, and bake in preheated oven until golden and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
While meatloaf bakes, prepare Cauliflower Puree: Place cauliflower in a microwavable bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high until very tender, about 5 minutes. Drain cauliflower on paper towels. Place steamed cauliflower in a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. Add Cheddar, Parmesan, cream, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the butter, and process until smooth and creamy.
When meatloaf is cooked through, remove from oven, and carefully drain any excess liquid from bottom of pie plate. Turn oven broiler to low broil. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly over meatloaf, and dot with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Broil on low until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Source: Read Full Article