Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 6
These flavorful grilled clams are perfect for an easy alfresco dinner party. If littlenecks aren’t available at the seafood counter, try steamer, Manila, or cherrystone clams. Avoid chowder clams, which are too big for this recipe. Serve with grilled bread, a big salad, and the remaining white wine for a satisfying warm weather supper.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (from 1 medium shallot)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 60littleneck clams (about 3 1/2 lb.), with shells scrubbed clean
- 3lemons, quartered lengthwise
- 6thyme sprigs
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) dry white wine
How to Make It
Stir together first 8 ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
Preheat a grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Cut 12 (12-inch) squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place 6 of the foil squares in a single layer on work surface, and set aside remaining 6 squares. Place 10 clams on each of the 6 foil squares on work surface. Top each clam mound with 2 lemon wedges, 1 thyme sprig, and 1/4 cup of the butter mixture. Carefully pour 2 tablespoons wine over each mound. Top each with 1 of the remaining 6 foil squares; tightly crimp all sides.
Place sealed foil packets on unoiled grates. Grill, covered, until clams open, about 10 minutes, rotating halfway through grilling time. Discard any clams that do not open.
Source: Read Full Article