Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time1 Hour 35 Mins
Yield: Serves 10
Give your traditional chicken casserole a break and serve this bright and lively chicken spaghetti. You only need a Dutch oven and a 9-x-13 baking dish to create this delicious meal, meaning there is less clean-up afterwards. Cook and shred your chicken in advance to save time.
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1(14-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken breast, skin removed
- 3(7-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, skin removed
- 12 ounce uncooked spaghetti
- 1(5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- 4 ounces sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring stock to a boil in a Dutch oven over high. Add chicken to stock. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest piece of chicken registers 160°F, about 25 minutes. Remove chicken; let stand until ready to use. (Inner temperature of chicken will rise as it stands.)
Return stock to a boil over high. Add pasta to Dutch oven, and cook until just tender, about 9 minutes. Transfer pasta to a medium bowl (reserving stock). Return stock to a boil over high; boil until liquid is reduced to about 2 1/2 cups, about 1 minute. Whisk together evaporated milk and flour in a small bowl. Stir into stock; boil until slightly thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt. Pour stock mixture over pasta.
Return Dutch oven to medium-high heat. Add butter, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add pasta mixture back to Dutch oven. Shred chicken, discarding bones. (You should have about 4 1/2 cups meat.) Add chicken and tomatoes to Dutch oven; toss to coat. Pour mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese. Lightly coat aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover with foil; bake until cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article