Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Mins
Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: 1/3 cup each)
Rich, creamy, and so easy to pull together, this corn dip is an absolute party-starter. The addition of red and green peppers adds a touch of festive holiday flare, and also helps temper the sweetness of the corn.
- 3(20-oz.) pkg. frozen white creamed corn (such as McKenzie’s), thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces white Cheddar, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2(7 oz.) large red bell peppers, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2(4 oz.) large poblano chiles, chopped (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (from 2 garlic cloves)
- 2scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Tortilla chips
How to Make It
Process 1 package of the thawed creamed corn in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute.
Stir together pureed corn and remaining 2 packages creamed corn in a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese and white Cheddar. Cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy, about 1 hour. (Or cook on low 2 hours.)
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium. Add red bell peppers and poblano chiles; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Stir bell pepper mixture into corn mixture. Fold in scallions, salt, and hot sauce. Serve with tortilla chips.
Source: Read Full Article