Photo by Joseph De Leo
It's worth seeking out smoked or baked tofu for this dish—its chewy texture and rich flavor make it a perfect partner for nutty soba noodles.
- 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 3 tablespoons mirin, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 pound soba noodles
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked tofu, cubed
- Whisk ginger, miso paste, 3 Tbsp. mirin, 3 Tbsp. vinegar, 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, rinse with cold water, then add to ginger mixture. Season with more mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt, if needed.
- Transfer noodles to a serving bowl or platter and top with radishes, scallions, and tofu. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article