Total Time: 50 Mins
Yield: Serves 8 to 10 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
This gooey, cheesy, ultra-comforting Chicken Parmesan Casserole is easy enough to throw together after work and is a surefire family favorite. Plus, the leftovers hold great—just be sure to cover while reheating to retain moisture. For the most flavorful Chicken Parmesan Casserole, our test kitchen recommends using Rao’s marinara sauce.
- 12 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from 1 chicken)
- 8 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and rinse under cool water; set aside to drain well.
Place marinara, shredded chicken, mozzarella, and, if using, crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add pasta, and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Stir together panko, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture.
Bake in preheated oven until bubbly and topping is browned, about 35 minutes.
If making ahead:
Follow instructions through step 3. Cover with aluminum foil, and chill up to 24 hours. Bake, covered with foil, at 375°F until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Uncover, and continue to cook until topping is browned, about 10 minutes more.
Source: Read Full Article